I was going to write today about why resolutions don’t work and why vision boarding is better…then I stopped. I’m not really interested in explaining why the standard New Years resolutions do not work or trying to convince you vision boards do work and backing that up with clever quotes from today’s self-help gurus. My guess is if you are reading this, you already know they work or you are at least opening to the idea of trying one.
So let’s cut to the chase.
I’ve been researching vision boards and came up with two different methods I believe are both equally powerful and very different. One is digitally based and one is good old-fashioned scissors and glue. I actually love both methods. For either, I recommend taking some time to think about what you want for this year. Be specific and honest. Think about why you want it and how it will feel when you get it.
Here’s the digital tool available right now!! You can read about it below or just go there right this minute and start making your dreams come true. www.dreamitalive.com
Here are the things I like about it this tool.
- Its digital, so no muss no fuss
- It has a library of photos to choose from as well as an option for uploading your own images. I was able to pull exactly what I wanted from the internet for a few specific areas. Awesome!
- It gives you the opportunity to write a visionary statement to go along with the image you chose. I love this because I can now go back anytime and when I hover over the image on my board I see my statement again. Writing it from the perspective it has already happened is a powerful way to bring what you want into your life.
- The website has ways to connect to other people making vision boards along with content and tools designed to help you with your intentions and visioning.
- You can pay a small fee of $2.99 to print and download your board or you can access it digitally through their website any time you like for free.
Here is the board I made. It took about 30 minutes. It was a fun and creative way to kick off the last day of 2016. It helped me gain clarity about what I want to bring into my life this year and why.
Now to discuss the old-fashioned method (time to get messy)
This is tried and true. As an artist I love this method because I am using my hands and making a big giant visionary mess all over the living room! Its part of the process so just embrace it.
Here is my method.
- Grab a bunch of magazines and / or go on the internet and find images that relate to how you want to feel as well as things that you want in your life. Print out the images.
- Go through the magazines and rip out anything that makes you feel good or represents things you want to manifest this year in your life. Do not think to long and hard about it. This speeds up the process and taps into your intuition, getting the monkey mind out-of-the-way.
- Take some time to go back through the images and make final selections. You will ditch some and keep some, its part of the process.
- Cut them out anyway you like and glue them to your board.
There is no right or wrong way, but I did find this great video online which gives a deep and thorough explanation of how to make a really powerful board. Do not let it intimidate you, this girl went all out. And its awesome!
I hope you have fun making your board! Happy New Year!